No More Nails (Seven Mile Miracle)
Luke 24:30; John 20:19; Luke 23:34
- Before God gives you the answers, sometimes He’ll change your questions.
- Maybe God’s presence is most powerful when I get honest about my doubt and pain and seek Him even still.
- Usually, you only recognize the full extent of what God was doing in reverse.
- God will meet you where you are but He won’t leave you there.
- The cross is my operating system.
- Sometimes the power of an example is greater than the power of an explanation.
- There are some things that cannot be explained. They can only be experienced.
- Get up and go back.
- Fear will always look you in from the inside.
- Jesus came to reveal His glory and He showed it in His scars.
- Life will label you by what you did.
- God will leave you in a space where you don’t understand to create faith in your heart.
- What held me doesn’t hold me anymore.
- Jesus did not show His wounds. He showed His scars.
- What wounded me doesn’t have to hold me forever.
- Forgiveness doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.
- All my nails are in the cross.
- Forgiveness is not a feeling. It takes faith.
- God is going to release the greatest strength in your life from a place where the nails were.
- Why would I choose to stay wounded when healing is in His hands?
- To be free, I gotta let go.
- My scars are the proof of His power.
How’s Your Soul? Part 5 (6-Week Journey)
3 John 1:2; 1 Corinthians 16:5-10
- Life is not a destination. It is a journey.
- What do I want my life to look like?
- Love God. Love people.
- Live an effective life.
- An effective life cannot be defined by length of time.
- How surrendered are you in this season?
- You’re only as surrendered as your next step.
- God brings clarity.
- One of the best things that might happen to you is that you don’t get what you think you want but you get what God wants.
- Live a surrendered life and a surrounded life.
- There are only a handful of people that you can truly share your soul with.
- Learn to surround yourself with surrendered people.
- The life that you truly want is not achieved by yourself.
- We need each other.
- Be intentional relationally with one another.
- Broken people can help people because you understand what it’s like.
- Move towards somebody else’s pain.
The Point Of No Return (Swipe Right)
- The word “impossible” is not in God’s vocabulary.
- You don’t want what the devil’s got in the crock-pot.
- Your desires can keep you from your destiny.
- We can do in minutes what we would regret in decades.
- When your stomach is empty, your standards get lower.
- It’s hard to see the invisible when you’re so preoccupied by the material.
- Keep your stomach full.
- When you know who you are, you’re not gonna let anyone else tell you what you’re worth.
- Idle hands are the devil’s workshop.
- In all you do, think follow through.
- God doesn’t save you so you won’t go to hell but so you can shake the gates of hell.
- You were destined for impact.
- “Now” yells louder, but “later” lasts longer.
- Instant gratification will keep you back from ultimate satisfaction.
- Your entire life can change in just a moment of time.
How’s Your Soul? Part 4 (6-Week Journey)
- Your soul needs help.
- Things that don’t have a soul cannot aid someone who does.
- Two broken souls don’t make a whole one.
- Jesus is the anchor for your soul.
- He oftentimes doesn’t save us from the storm, but He saves us through it.
- It’s supposed to be about Him, not relief.
- Jesus will never let go of you.
Reverse The Search (Seven Mile Miracle)
- Things can be so close and yet remain unnoticed.
- We look for God in the dramatic, but He hides in the details.
- What if Christianity is a journey, not a destination?
- God will use whatever I go through to reveal His glory.
- Are you missing what is because you’re stuck in what was?
- Hope that is seen is not hope at all.
- Could it be that we miss God because we look for Him in the dreams but He is found in the disappointment?
- Don’t judge the journey before it’s over.
- If you trust His promise, trust His path.
- He is with me in the moment.
- He’s not in religion, He’s in relationships.
- God is the God of the detour, the details, and the dead ends.
- You learn in the journey. You grow and know as you go.
- Every step is an arrival.
- The journey starts where you are but where it ends depends on you.
- Sometimes you see Him in the broken places more than you see Him in the blessed places.
Sermon Notes and Personal Reflections.