Coming Out Of The Drought
1 Kings 18:41-46
- Often in the realm of faith, we hear things that we cannot see yet.
- Often my situation can be doing a whole lot better than my soul.
- Sometimes He has to change you before He changes your situation.
- Sometimes God will show you how great His supply is by sending you to someone with a greater need than you have to begin with.
- That’s how God often proves His presence, by putting you in an impossible situation.
- Something is happening when nothing is seen.
- Whenever you start in faith, it always feels like nothing.
- Sometimes what you see is a direct contradiction of what you sense.
- Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean He didn’t speak it.
- The only thing that is impossible with God is nothing.
- If God is in it, it’s never nothing.
- Celebrate the small start.
- Be proud of your sucky starts.
- Shout over the small stuff.
- Little is much when God is in it.
- The way the enemy gets you to leave your assignment is to convince you that it doesn’t matter what you’re working on.
- You started seeing it when you started searching for it.
- The enemy can’t keep God from making it rain, but maybe he can keep you from receiving it.
- Some of us are better at surviving in famine than we are at living in blessing.
- When you run from the resistance, you run from the rain. When you run from the battle, you run from the blessings. When you from the problem, you run from the promise.
- God is calling the drought out of you.
Round Trip Resurrection (Seven Mile Miracle)
Luke 23:44-46, 24:33-36
- Blessing is a state of your heart.
- We quit so quick.
- Jesus will just sneak in to ordinary situations.
- He’ll send glory into your life but it won’t look like glory. He’ll send blessing into your life but it won’t look like blessing.
- Sometimes God will sneak strength into your life through sorrow.
- Glory never looks like glory when it’s coming.
- I walked seven miles in shame, but I’m walking the second seven in freedom.
- There’s a difference between the reveal and the release.
- There’s a space between the reveal and the release. That’s where hope gets lost.
- Faith grows between the reveal and the release.
- His last breath was my first breath.
- Nobody took His life, He gave it.
- Hand your regret, defeat, and excuse over to Jesus.
The Thirst Trap (Seven Mile Miracle)
John 19:28-29; Psalm 69:20-22
- Favor flows from strange places.
- Sometimes God challenges your attachments.
- Faith means not knowing why I’m going through it, but trusting the One who makes a way where there’s no way.
- It’s only those who hunger and thirst that can be filled.
- Everything Jesus did, He did on purpose.
- It’s not a sin to be thirsty. It’s just where you go to get your fix that determines whether or not your soul will be satisfied.
- The thing they used to mock Him was actually the thing that He used to finish the work God gave Him to do.
- God has a purpose for every thirst in your life.
- Death did not trap Jesus. He trapped death.
- It’s a setup. It’s not the end.
- Trust God in the parenthesis.
- Sometimes victory doesn’t taste sweet.
- Friday’s trap was Sunday’s triumph.
Complete The Cross (Seven Mile Miracle)
Luke 24: 32-33; John 19:25
- The greatest pain and pleasure that you’ll experience in your life will be in the context of relationship.
- Sometimes He chases us down to the wrong destinations so He can turn us around.
- When I need to know that God loves me, I don’t look at what’s happening in my life. I flashback to what happened on the cross. That’s where it was settled.
- Sometimes the greatest testimony of your loyalty is not what you will say to someone but how you will stand with them.
- Sometimes we don’t see those who are with us because we can only think of those who left us.
- God will always leave a John at your cross.
- Some of the people that you hate the most actually helped you get to the place where you needed to be to do what God called you to do.
- Some of the people that left you were teaching you to love the people who are still there.
- You’re too blessed to be this needy.
- Your validation is not in somebody else’s mouth. Your validation is in the cross.
- I am complete in that cross.
- Our strength is in the cross, not in what people say or don’t say.
- When I receive it, I can release it.
- Release what you have received.
It’s In The Middle (Seven Mile Miracle)
Luke 23:43, 24:28-30
- God can save you in a moment.
- God is in the process.
- God will meet you in the middle.
- God is trying to set your faith free from the need to feel it to have it.
- God doesn’t ask any permission.
- When He takes over your life, He blesses your life. But the same hands that blessed your life are the same hands that must be trusted when your life is broken.
- The gift is in the middle.
- Today, God will be with you in the process.
- Grace will get me through the middle.
- The goal is in the middle.
- Salvation is a gift that you must grow into.
- If you think you have arrived, arrogance is sure to follow.
- You are right where you need to be.
- The same grace that created the gap between where I was and where I am is the grace I need to keep moving forward.
- We need a gap that makes me grateful and a gap that makes me grow.
- Start running toward what God saved you for.
- The grace is in the middle.
- It’s not about God getting me out. He wants to get in.
- The glory is in the middle.
- You don’t have to be in the middle. Allow God to be in the middle.
No More Nails (Seven Mile Miracle)
Luke 24:30; John 20:19; Luke 23:34
- Before God gives you the answers, sometimes He’ll change your questions.
- Maybe God’s presence is most powerful when I get honest about my doubt and pain and seek Him even still.
- Usually, you only recognize the full extent of what God was doing in reverse.
- God will meet you where you are but He won’t leave you there.
- The cross is my operating system.
- Sometimes the power of an example is greater than the power of an explanation.
- There are some things that cannot be explained. They can only be experienced.
- Get up and go back.
- Fear will always look you in from the inside.
- Jesus came to reveal His glory and He showed it in His scars.
- Life will label you by what you did.
- God will leave you in a space where you don’t understand to create faith in your heart.
- What held me doesn’t hold me anymore.
- Jesus did not show His wounds. He showed His scars.
- What wounded me doesn’t have to hold me forever.
- Forgiveness doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.
- All my nails are in the cross.
- Forgiveness is not a feeling. It takes faith.
- God is going to release the greatest strength in your life from a place where the nails were.
- Why would I choose to stay wounded when healing is in His hands?
- To be free, I gotta let go.
- My scars are the proof of His power.
Reverse The Search (Seven Mile Miracle)
- Things can be so close and yet remain unnoticed.
- We look for God in the dramatic, but He hides in the details.
- What if Christianity is a journey, not a destination?
- God will use whatever I go through to reveal His glory.
- Are you missing what is because you’re stuck in what was?
- Hope that is seen is not hope at all.
- Could it be that we miss God because we look for Him in the dreams but He is found in the disappointment?
- Don’t judge the journey before it’s over.
- If you trust His promise, trust His path.
- He is with me in the moment.
- He’s not in religion, He’s in relationships.
- God is the God of the detour, the details, and the dead ends.
- You learn in the journey. You grow and know as you go.
- Every step is an arrival.
- The journey starts where you are but where it ends depends on you.
- Sometimes you see Him in the broken places more than you see Him in the blessed places.
Sermon Notes and Personal Reflections.