- Sometimes following Jesus can make things difficult.
- There’s gonna be some work but it’s gonna work and He’s working.
- Work takes some time.
- God disciplines through training. It’s always redemptive.
- God’s discipline is a proactive, progressive training to prepare you to be the person you never thought you could be but always wanted to be.
- You’re not the only one.
- We fight to not sin.
- It is not always fun.
- Jesus did not avoid pain.
- God will use things that are not fun to train you.
- Joy is a choice.
- It’s not punishment, it’s training.
- Jesus took your punishment for you on the cross.
- Discipline is a form of heavenly compliment.
- God’s discipline is helping us become who we really are.
- If you’ll stay at it, you will become the new person you actually are.
- Punishing looks backwards, training looks forward.
Your Life Looks Like A Race
- My life is a race. It has an order to it.
- Life is an endurance race.
- Are we running in a way that is sustainable?
- Recover your spiritual vigor.
- Life is about those who are faithful.
- Jesus is the standard of faithfulness.
- The greatest vision you can have is to finish well.
- Life is a race that is connected.
- Don’t drop the baton.
- You need tension in your faith. Tension will keep your focus.
- Tension is a holy thing.
- We are connected.
- There’s a generation counting on you. It’s not pressure, it’s a privilege.
- I am not what I do, I am what He has done.
- The power is not in laying aside, the power is where you’re looking. The power is in Him.
- Remind yourself what He did on the cross. Remind yourself where He is seated right now.
- I can’t be anymore right before God than I am right now.
Where Are You Headed?
Hebrews 11:13-16; 12:1-2
- We are headed towards eternity.
- Life is a succession of decisions.
- Don’t live for the moment. Live in the moment.
- What’s in front of you is intrinsically connected to what’s ahead of you.
- While we’re living, let’s prepare to die the right way.
- We are only here for a brief moment and this is not our home.
- Live with a priority system.
- Talk to each other more about Jesus and heaven.
- The movement of faith is forward. The journey with Jesus is forward.
- What’s ahead of you is far better than what’s behind you.
- We should be more committed to what’s ahead than what’s behind us.
- Your speaking and your thinking shape your desires.
- Our joy is that we see each other with Him in eternity.
- You are His joy.
- Joy is mature when it’s not temporal, it’s eternal.
- My joy is anchored into eternity.
- We are prone to drift from what is truly real.
- When you let go of stuff, He just opens up doors.
- If God said it, He will do it.
- Make plans to encourage one another.
- The last days will be community days.
- God invites us into a life that is framed by what He’s done, not by what we have done or what we have not done.
- God doesn’t have off days.
- Keep moving.
- God is always moving and He expects those who follow Him to do the same.
- Faith is always forward-moving.
- What is not seen is more real than what is seen.
- Even if you don’t know where you’re going, He does.
- God is always moving and He expects those who follow Him to be doing the same.
- The only secure thing in this universe is God.
- God is always up to something.
- Our faith is in Jesus.
- Jesus did for us what we could not do for ourselves.
- The focus of our daily life should first be on His righteousness and His faithfulness.
- God is faithful so I’m gonna keep moving.
- God is faithful.
- God always responds.
- God responds on His timetable not ours.
The Seasons Of Life
2 John 1:4-6
- Life has loops.
- The loop is also progress.
- You’re in the loop if you know less than you used to know about God.
- You’re in the loop if God puts reminders all around you of “old things”.
- You’re in the loop when the old is new.
- Every repetitive nature of life provides us an opportunity to remember and recall what this is all actually about.
- Enjoy all seasons.
- What we should be known for is love.
- We exist for Him and for each other.
- Enjoy God enjoying us.
- Seasons are here to remind you what you’re here for. You’re here to be loved and to respond to that love by loving Him and loving each other.
- God ultimately cares about who you are more than what you do.
- Continue to have an attitude of gratefulness.
Sermon Notes and Personal Reflections.