Upon This Rock (Rock And Soul)
- Outer stability comes from inner tranquility.
- Everyone has a shepherd. Your shepherd is whatever you build your life on.
- Jesus never let anybody down.
- When you build your soul on the Rock, then all around you can give way but then on Christ you can stand.
- When you know who He is, you discover who you are.
- Find your identity not by seeking it but by seeking Him.
- What you’re not, He is. What you can’t, He can.
- You’re doubly His. You’re His because He made you. You’re His because He bought you.
- Because we belong to Him, we always belong with Him.
- It doesn’t mean that you will always have what you want and it doesn’t mean that you will want all that you have. But it does mean that right now and ever and always, you have what you need.
- Some things that we are meant to have we’re not ready to have yet.
- A blessing becomes a burden when you get it out of season.
- If you have it, it’s because God is going to use it.
- What do you despise today that the world will be thankful for tomorrow?
All Or Nothing
1 Corinthians 15:3-4, 13-19
- If there is no God, there is no hope.
- If there is no God, life has no meaning.
- If there is no God, you are not really you.
- If there is no God, our deepest desires make no sense.
- In a world governed by natural selection, none of us should care about fair.
- Hope has a name.
- Everything matters.
- You will never not be you.
- There is an answer for every ache.
- Don’t choose Jesus because He’s a better option. Choose Him because the Bible says He’s risen.
- It is every Christian’s duty to develop their energy so that they’re burning up on the inside.
- Being fired up is not a type of personality but a type of obedience.
- Intentional intensity is imperative.
- We should care about what matters eternally.
- All of us are attracted to passion.
- A fire you’re ignoring will never be roaring.
- It’s gonna be the things no one sees that’s responsible for what everybody will see.
- Secret prayer leads to public power.
- We will be defeated if we come in depleted.
- When life becomes difficult, you cannot allow your zeal to grow cold.
- Be the thermostat, not the thermometer.
- Don’t ask God to put in what you are willing to leave out.
Fan The Flame
Levi Lusko, Kevin Guido
2 Timothy 1:5-7
- Spiritual fire comes from above but must be sustained with love.
- It’s a train wreck to try and do God’s work without God’s power.
- Revive what you’ve received.
- Spiritual fire goes out if it’s left alone.
- Being on fire in the past is no guarantee you are today.
- People are drawn to a roaring fire.
- Your job is not to change a person’s heart. Your job is to be faithful with the gospel that you’ve been given.
- Your greatest testimony is just doing a great job.
- When you excel at what you do, people will see that and they’ll want to be like you.
- People are not projects. People are people.
- Jesus died to save people.
- People are gonna live forever somewhere.
- Fan the flame by continuing to pray, to read the Bible, and to go to church.
Becoming The One (Swipe Right)
- We must focus on who we are becoming.
- Are you the person you’re looking for is looking for?
- You’ll never know what God will do with a small step of obedience.
- Tend your own heart.
- Cultivate a soul that loves and honors God first.
- You don’t need a person in your life to give you worth. Your worth is found in God’s love over you.
- You don’t need someone to complete you.
- There’s beauty in the waiting.
- The grass is greener where you water it.
- A successful marriage is spelled W-O-R-K. If your marriage isn’t working, it’s probably because you aren’t working at it.
- You’ll never be right with your mate until you’re right with your Maker.
- Be faithful in what He’s given us.
- In God’s economy, it doesn’t matter where you begin but whose hands you are in.
Magic Beans And The In-Betweens (Swipe Right)
Galatians 6:9; Judges 16:19-22
- Just because it would have been better doesn’t mean it’s too late now.
- God specializes in redemption stories.
- Seeds start small.
- Little things can become big for both good and evil.
- Victory comes to those who can see past the seed.
- Take the first step.
- Seeds grow slow.
- There are no magic beans. There’s just faithfulness in the in-betweens.
- The power comes from being planted.
- Trust the process of walking with Jesus.
- Seeds sprout out.
- It will be worth it when it sprouts out.
- Beautify the in-betweens.
- Progress isn’t always visible. Not seeing isn’t the same as not working.
Worth Fighting For (Swipe Right)
Proverbs 18:22; Exodus 17:9-13
- Marriage is worth fighting for.
- In relationships, conflict is inevitable.
- Whatever God begins, Satan opposes.
- Unity releases strength.
- Pride refuses to be assimilated.
- Marriage first, kids second.
- It takes strength to rise up in honor.
- Think big picture.
- Trust God and get to work.
- Keep a cold head.
- Build your life on the rock.
Sermon Notes and Personal Reflections.